WINETAIL RECIPES – JUST FOR YOU!
As temperatures outside steadily rise, let Vino-Noire pour you a refreshing MERLOT MASH:
- Mixed fresh fruit such as chopped strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Merlot
- 1 oz. Grand Marnier
- Soda water
- Twist of lemon
Place the fruit in the bottom of a highball glass with honey and muddle. Add ice, then Merlot and Grand Marnier, stirring to mix. Top with soda and twist of lemon.
After you’ve taken A Seat at the Bar order a SGROPPINO from The Liquor Lady (recipe found in Vodka Distilled on page 106):
- 14 fl. oz. Ciao Bella Sorbeto Sicilian Limone
- 4 oz. Imperia Russian Vodka (from the freezer)
- 1 oz. Caravella limoncello (from the freezer)
- 8 oz. LaMarca Prosecco (chilled)
Combine the sorbeto, vodka, and limoncello in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the Prosecco and stir to blend. Transfer to a small pitcher and serve in well chilled champagne flutes or beer sampler glasses. No garnish needed and this recipe serves 3-4 people.
Have you ever wondered if lava tastes like or whether it can be cool & refreshing? VineMeUp created CAVA LAVAand this WineTail definitely quenched her thirst!
- 2 oz. Watermelon Juice
- 2 Cilantro Drops (juiced cilantro)
- 1 oz. Apple Simple Syrup (brown sugar, water, & apples brought to a boil)
- 1 1/2 oz. Atlántico Rum
- 3 oz. Conde de Caralt Cava
Combine the watermelon juice, apple simple syrup, rum, cilantro drops and Cava.
Leave it to GirlMeetsGlass to choose a WineTail with a historical kick. The French 75 was created in 1915 at the New York Bar in Paris, France. It packs a punch so proceed with caution when mixing up this WineTail!
- 1/2 Fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. Simple syrup (one part water, one part sugar)
- 1 oz. Gin (Catoctin Creek Watershed Gin from VA used) or Cognac
- 3 oz. Champagne
Combine the lemon juice, simple syrup, gin or cognac to champagn, serve chilled in a champagne flute with a lemon twist!
Don’t know how to swim…scared of water? No problem you will enjoy the WineTail our Maryland Concierge, Vino301wine, introduced us to this past Tuesday. The KIM IN THE SWIM treaded water like a pro!
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. fresh juiced watermelon
- 1 1/2 oz. soda water
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Dash of grapefruit bitters
- Garnish with grapefruit peel
Mix first five ingredients in a shaker and pour over ice in a highball glass. Top with soda water. Add a dash of grapefruit bitters and garnish with grapefruit peel!
The Wine’ing Women hope you will enjoy these WineTails like we did!